Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Spring Break 2022 Mini-Project

 


For spring break 2022, just to shift gears a bit from my thesis work, I decided to implement another mini-project in what I like to call "Video Game Fundamentals" where I've made a small project focusing on a particular game mechanic. In the past I've done an X-Wing style flight simulator and first person shooters.

For this project, I focused on a turn-based RPG combat system based on Star Wars Galaxies. For the back-end combat logic, it used many of the documented combat equations found:

The character models and animations I got from Adobe Mixamo. Which made a good exercise in importing existing models with character animations, Unity's animation system, and Unity's NavMesh Agent system to handle the AI movements and "aggression" when a player gets close (though the latter is not in the above video. May document that feature as this prototype progresses.

The above video highlights, a default primary attack, cooldown timer, a special attack, and accuracy values. Each of those also are connected to a particular animation: Idle, Punch, Uppercut (Special), Hit, and Death.


No comments:

Post a Comment