Monday, November 1, 2021

Halloween 2021

Based off of a "I got vaccinated" photoshoot/CAVE2 video I had done earlier this year, I reimaged the idea of "attacking" a Covid-19 virus in VR with a more Harry Potter theme.


I already had the Hogwarts costume from a Harry Potter birthday party a year back. Most of the background is actually from the Hummingbird VR project. I used the Orchard 2 scene and re-lit in into a nighttime scene. 

Threw in some custom wand particle effects and appended some MakeHuman beefy arms and googly eyes to the Covid-19 virus model.


Added two spell effects: a basic lumos ball to light the scene and the more flashy beam one.




A fun behind-the-scenes image showing some of the fans and camera setup I used to make the image. Using the floor fan to blow the back of my cloak for "dramatic" was a fun, but ultimately a subtle effect due to how dark the scene is.

Interestingly this was one of two Halloween CAVE2 photoshoots I did this year. The other being a Star Trek themed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment